The more we look back on the past, the more interesting facts we can discover on Pizza. It is now one of the most famous foods in the world. Pizza is such a food that everyone, starting from the 8-year-old to the 80-year-old man, prefers.
Many international Pizza franchises such as Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa John’s, Double Pizza Montreal delivery chains have been renowned and world-famous for their hard work over decades.
This article will give you some interesting facts about Pizza that you have never heard before.
Introducing the facts about Pizza in a new light
- Pizza is Italian food, but in the old days, it originated from Greece and Egypt. As we all know, in 18th century Italy, Naples was home to modern Pizza.
- Americans are real pizza lovers. According to the survey, the USA people consume 350 slices of Pizza every second. 93% of the American population who love Pizza orders Pizza once a month.
- On 13th December, Andrea Mannocchi, Matteo Giannotti, Marco Nardi, Dovilio Nardi, and Matteo Nardi prepared the largest Pizza in recorded history in Rome, Italy. The overall area was 13, 580, 28 ft2 in size. It is recorded in the Guinness book of world record.
- In 2001, a six-inch pizza was delivered to the International Space Station by the Russian Space Agency for more than one million dollars. Russian cosmonaut Yuri Usachov was the first person in orbit to receive a pizza.
- Italian researchers asserted that the risk for the development of esophageal cancer has decreased by 59% regularly, while colon cancer has decreased 26% and oral cancer by 34%.
- Pizza appears to be great for the US economy. According to the Community of American Pizza, American Pizzeria has more than a million people in 73,000 stores across the country. Statistics show that companies like Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa John’s; Double Pizza Montreal delivery have the most significant workforce in this industry.
- The world’s fastest and most efficient Pizza maker can create 14 pizzas in just 2 minutes and 35 seconds.
- It is one of the greatest records which will surprise you. Christian Dumitru established a new world record over Takeru Kobayashi in 2006 by eating 200 pounds per week.
- There is a pizza-based mathematical theorem. The theorem says the equality of two areas when a disc is partitioned in some ways.